Shades of Gray

Her world has always been black and white

A clear line drawn between dark and light

She knows the differnce between right and wrong

In a world where she doesn’t belong.

A world that has dusk and dawn

A world that has eve and morn

A world where nothing is ever clear

A world where principles disappear

Integrity here is loosely defined

Nothings ever yours nor is it mine

And here she struggld to maintain clarity

Unable to understand what she should be

What was right this moment, wasn’t the next

Both seemed the same; peace ad unrest

I wish I could tell her to accept it all

I wish I could help her; soften her fall

I wish she would accept both night and day

I wish she would embrace those shades of gray.

I meant to start off with the poetry I had written when I was ten and then work my way up..but its dark now, and I really don't have the patience to dig out my notebook then type the poem out, cringing while I go it. Clearly, I was awful at 10, and barely tolerable now.

Still, they've always helped me get stuff off my mind.

This, written when I am (was) 16, at 1:26 a.m. is..sort of weird.

0 comments:

Post a Comment