Grief's Wings

You want to see me cry,
But I shall refuse you satisfaction
Not a tear shall escape my eyes
I shall not be marred perfection
You hurt me
In the worst way I could be hurt
You betrayed me
Treated me like dirt
But you underestimated me
You thought I would break
I cannot be broken,
You cannot break me.
I refuse to be torn,
You cannot tear me
You tried to rip me apart
But I stayed firm
I won’t allow you
To break my heart
I won’t let you
Destroy my life
I won’t beg, or plead with you,
And lose my pride
You don’t matter to me anymore
I’m ashamed that you once had
I thrust you out of my heart
I thrust you out of my head
And you’re certainly not coming back.
I don’t need you to live
I don’ need you to die,
I don’t need you at all,
To make my life a lie
I am fine as I am
I am strong
I don’t need your assistance
To move on along
You were simply an error
In a long line of mistakes
I won’t run or hide from you.
Nor will I in grief partake
You lost something precious
You lost me
The loss will haunt you forever
The guilt will torment your dreams
But I will be grateful to you for one thing
In my sorrow I have found many things
And now I can fly away, from what you did
For you, finally, gave me wings.

This was just something that came out when I listened to on too many gothic songs. There's another poem too..just like this.

0 comments:

Post a Comment