The Queen's Sacrifice

Cold as ice, as glass, as frost

The queen walks toward the fort

Aloof, calm, dignified

Seeking not to thwart, but to defy

Resistance she knew, was futile

To her fate she was reconciled

One final try, one last endeavor

To halt the cruel empire’s sabre

For her people she ventured forth,

Fearlessly knocked on death’s dark door

Greeted by her murderers vile

She faced them, strong, eye to eye

“One last plea,” she intoned

“Spare my people, let me atone

For sins no one did commit,

For which I must now submit

Give me your word, upon your sword

My people will retain their safe abodes

My blood shall b their path to life

It’s flow will make them survive.”

An oath she took, then she died

Her death knell became a battle cry

Blood lust grew in those she saved

For her, the empire they braved

Now the queen fair rules the sky

The queen of cold glass and ice

The fire in her heart burns bright

That fire is the key to paradise

0 comments:

Post a Comment